LearnQuest School of Music
- LearnQuest offers vocal and instrumental instruction in Indian Classical Music, both in Hindustani and Carnatic styles, as well as Western music. Classes are taught by highly accomplished faculty from all walks of life and schools of music, from the New England Conservatory and Berklee College of Music to Gwalior Gharana.
Classes are offered in several locations in the greater Boston area as well as through VOIP (voice over internet protocol). For more details, please see Locations page.
Latest schedule can be found on the Classes page.
Semester and Class Structure
- Spring semester: once a week for 12-weeks;
typically starts the third week of January
- Fall semester: once a week for 12-weeks;
typically starts the first week of September
- Summer: broken into two sessions of 6-weeks each
Classes are offered one-on-one or in a group setting. Fees vary depending on private/group, class duration, location, discipline, and faculty.
Student Progress over Time
- Spring and Fall semesters culminate in a formal recital for each participating student.
- Progress toward achieving Diploma in Music
- Participate in regular riyaaz sessions
- Participate in informal recitals every 4-6 weeks
- Enjoy up to two Baithak performances
- Participate in occasional special workshops (additional fees may apply)